Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring has Sprung...Finally!

Oh warm weather has finally found us here in the wild north! The kids and I played hookie and went to the library and then the park! It was wonderfully warm and we had a fabulous time at Lower Harbor park playing with our friends. There was an oil spill in Lake Superior and we were able to see the barge and all the going on's of the coast guard, firetrucks and police officers on duty. We saw the detective that we met last Friday at the Police station field trip we had. Alec asked why the Detective was there. I wasn't sure....maybe they didn't see the large barge in the middle of the oil spill....hmmm! I need to get batteries for my camera and then I will upload the pictures I have been promising for a month! Elysa had her figure skating show this past weekend and she was fantabulous! She looked really cute in her outfit and skated wonderful! She really enjoyed it. Our friend's were in the same group and during rehearsal the mama taught me to knit! This is big! I can crochet fairly well, but knitting.....that's a whole 'nother can of worms! I have tried unsuccessfully for two years and through 6 books and numerous online tutorials to figure out how to get those little stitches on those little sticks to look okay! Alas, my dear friend showed me a much easier way to do it and....drumroll please.......I CAN KNIT! Nickolaus promptly tore all the stitches off my needles,but I can knit! Now if only there were more hours in the day and a few maids in the house....I'd be good. I just noticed that Liam had taken off with my knitting needles and ball of yarn and has wrapped the unraveled stitches around his body and is trying to knit.....it would be cuter if it hadn't taken me so long to get that bit done!!

No comments: