Thursday, August 30, 2007

Woodworking and science



Here is just another typical day in our classroom! As you can see they love each other and I'm certain the fact that I pulled out the camera had nothing to do with the spontaneous hug! We studied a block on seeds and new growth and on the table you can see the wooden plant holder Alec built all by himself!! My little woodworker! They planted marigold seeds in these planters and then we put organic bush bean seeds in our window greenhouses so we could watch the seeds sprout and study the root system and the plant grow. They were pretty neat to watch sprout! You will notice the indians and turkeys on the window in the background......I think it was May when we did this......and embarrased me....they are still up........we like indians and turkeys all year....not just November!

No comments: