Thursday, September 27, 2007

Playstand



The first playstand is done and thus far it has been used to create a puppet show, a giant dollhouse, a tree fort for some army men, and mostly a grocery store. I let the kids use real canned goods, wooden bowls, real gourds, and some pine cones to stock their inventory and a few paper lunch sacks and they had a blast. Everything Elysa bought or sold was 50 hundred dollars! She loves this number! If I try to tell her the correct answer for anything she looks at me like I have two heads and says 50 hundred dollars! Here it is set up as a grocery store with real gourds and apples in their wooden baskets and a gnome home and some other odds and ends. I didn't follow the plans exactly as I wanted it to look more like something you would find in a fairy tale cottage than exactly straight lines. I am really happy with how it turned out and it looks gorgeous with the silks draped over it!

No comments: